The colourful Huddleston’s Cottage is named after the last family to live there.
Initially the two room cottage was refurbished in the early 1900’s by the Martin family with the addition of two new rooms making a welcome home for newly wed Mr. & Mrs. Huddleston. Later the Huddleston’s opened a post office using a counter just inside the kitchen door for business and situating a gleaming bright red telephone box to the right of the front door in the garden. At this time there were at least four cottages still inhabited in The Old Town and there was always a warm welcome to be found around the Huddleston’s hearth.
Perfect Self Catering accommodation: Downpatrick, County Down. Sleeps 2/4